Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Treat day

Today was my second-to-last-treat-day-in-kindergarten-history.

If you know me, then you know that I am seriously heart broken.
I live for kindergarten snack days. I get to search the internet for the coolest ideas..then make them for my 6 year old friends.

I found this gem on the familyfun website that I LOVE to tiny bits.

It is....
  • a green apple cut into fourths
  • green grapes cut in half
  • then secured with a toothpick...scary I know. I told them to look out for them
  • cut a slice for the mouth
  • dip in lemon juice to keep from browning
  • I made the eyes out of melted white and brown chocolate
  • then I added a tongue with pull and peel twizzlers
  • and finally I made a fly for the end of the tongue out of chocolate.
Kelly loves green apples..so I thought it would make her happy.


I could not decide between the frog and the mouse... so I did both.

I have time on my hands without my DJ to keep me company now.

These in the picture are just strawberries and almonds.

This is what I did....


  • strawberry cut in half
  • dipped in white chocolate
  • crown sprinkles for eyes
  • a red hot for a mouth
  • a junior mint cut in half for the ears
  • and a pull and peel twizzler for the tail
I wrapped them all up and sent them off to the kiddos.

This picture was taken by Mrs. Reese, Kell's Teachers aid....man she is cool. She took this with her cell phone.


You can't tell that they are edible, but they are.


I am looking forward to the kindergarten circus at the end of the year...and working at the school next year! (shhhhh) I am not 100 on that yet.

Oh yeah..I made like 25 of each of these....wouldn't it be funny if I only made one?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello super mom. That is one of the cutest and most fun treats. I follow your blog and copy you I hope you don't mind. You are really amazing Lexi. Love ya!

Brant and Jana said...

Way to go! I love the frog!!! I've actually done the stawberry mice before, but I like your spin one them!

Shannon said...

you are ridiculous!! Seriously! I would never have the patience to do that. nice work!

Heather said...

Way to make the rest of us (boring cookies and milk moms) look bad!!;) You are awesome and I am jealous of Kelly! I want you to be MY mom.

Nicole said...

You are INSANE. In a good way.

Hey - you know there is such a thing as being 'room mom', don't you? Welcome to 1st grade. :)

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

you would love this bakerella web sight. Go to my blog and down under favorite links is "cupcakes" check it out! super fun! they have home mom's in 1st grade too! ;) don't be sad! it's all good!