Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Salamanders and gnats are icky

It is true. ----> (Kelly is actually holding a salamander)

I spent last weekend with Kel, and my niece Jesee. They were happily playing outside, and I was keeping cool inside by the air conditioning.

Typical me.

I was watching them out the window the whole time...you really need to do that with silly little girls. When I was there Jesee got a HUGE bloody nose, and Kelly scraped her elbow.

That was all in the first fifteen minutes that I was there.

Ugh.

Then the little sweeties went on a salamander hunt.


I do not know about you, but those things creep me out. They are all slimy, and their eyes poke out of their little heads a wee bit.

Blick!

Jesee loves to hunt for them. Kelly just recently showed an interest in them. Normally she would scream at a mere bug, but lately she has been sowing some real guts.

I really had to take a picture of her holding the salamander, because I wasn't' really sure if tomorrow she would go back to the old Kelly and run away shrieking. Photographic evidence was needed.

The girls kept trying to bring it inside. I was firm with them...NO salamanders allowed in the house. They seemed to be willing to listen to me and I only had to tell them a few times to keep it out.

When I left I noticed that it was not in the bowl on the porch where they had left it. Sneaky little sneakers took it inside without me knowing. Kelly told me that they hid it in Jesee's room.

It was lost in the house...

My sister said that if you smell something icky in her house...in Jesee's room, then that is where the salamander ended up.

Oh well I guess....

Really icky side note.

I did Kelly hair like this <--------- that day when they were outside all day. (that is not the icky part) See all of the parts in the hair???




Well, out where Cynthia and Rhett live there is a crud-load of gnats. Some people call them no-see-ums, either way they still suck.

I didn't know that they were in season...and I REALLY didn't know that they were in love with Kelly blood.

They bit her and bit her soooooo much! I tried to take a picture to document the feast that was Kelly, but the camera failed to capture it correctly.

The mistake was made when I said to someone that she had been "eaten alive". Kelly overheard it and did not take it lightly.

There was some pretty powerful arm flailing and head scratching, followed by a pretty strict warning to me to never tell her that she was being "eaten alive" again.

I agreed.

Now- after all of that nastiness, you could use a mind cleanser. How about a picture of my newest sweetie-pie niece Taylor???

Pictures of angel babies always make my brain feel better. I hope it has the same effect on you.

She is just sooo cute huh. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ewww! Eaten alive is RIGHT! She has the same blood as Zack - mosquitoes LOVE LOVE LOVE him. It's their lovely white-ness :)