Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kindergarten Circus!!

Behold the awesome strength that is the legendary "Colossal Kelly Cooper!!!

Strong-girl, and kindergarten graduate.

The Kindergarten Circus here at Kanab Elementary has got to be the cutest kids program on the planet.

<----- Check out Kel with her teacher Mrs. McFadden. Aren't they the most epic pair ever??? Kelly loves her teacher, I am really glad that they are close, because Kelly takes a while to bond with people. We will miss her...**sniff**



When her class started to practice for the different parts Mrs. McF came up to me and told me that Kelly might be perfect for the part of Strong man.

She told me that, every time Kelly pretended to lift heavy things all of the kids laughed.

The only deal was that it is usually for the boys. Kelly's class has only 4 girls in it, and they are mostly tightrope walkers, or acrobats. They had to spread the girls out. So she might not get to be the strong-girl.


I told her that either way, we would practice at home and make our best effort.

Then the part assignments came in Kelly's back pack.

Kelly was going to be a juggler...uh, ok.

(obviously, you can tell by the pictures that she WAS the strong-girl...but I wanted to tell how it worked out...it's kind of silly)





My little girl was not really excited to be a juggler. We worked on learning to juggle everyday. She would get so frustrated. It was starting to be not so fun.

Then, to top it all off she was going to have to wear makeup.

Clown makeup.

Kelly thinks clowns are all around creepy, and was not loving the idea at all.

Apparently it was translating over to the class practices. Mrs. McF pulled me aside one afternoon and told me that Kel was frustrating her juggling partner. He was taking his roll as a juggler seriously, and Kel would rather dance around.

The decision to switch Kelly to the strong-girl was made.

Hooray!!

(See? <-----even stong-girls hug their Grandpa's) We then started on her outfit. She needed to have muscles. That is pretty much all that we knew.

After rummiging around in the old larriette costumes for a bit, I found an outfit from one of Ali's dances. I think that she was a mermaid.

Then me made the arms, and decided on our hairstyle. It is called the girl-hawk. I love it.

D.J., my Mom and I went to watch her at the circus. I think that I was more nervous than she was!

She put on quite the show. Even the songs that they all sang together...she rocked all of the dance moves. Not too many other kids did that.

I swear that I laughed the whole time, she was such a great actor.

Afterwards we went and had cookies with all of the other parents. I had a few of them come up to me and telll me that she was so funny, and that she did a great job.

I even had a couple of them ask me where I had gotten my ideas for the treat days this last year.

All I could say is that I found them online...I wish that I could say I made them up myself...oh well.



All in all, it was a great experience. Kelly had a sweet kindergarten year. She learned to read, write and do so much math.

We all are excited to see what else she will do next year. :)

She is annoyed at the idea of summer break though....she wants to be in first grade NOW


I took a few really funny videos of the circus....but this one is the best because you can watch her to her strong-girl poses. Admit it. You wish you were a kindergartener too!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Lex, Halle was a "strong-girl" in the morning class! She and Kel are 2 of a kind...we have got to get them together.

Shannon said...

OMG she totally freaking owned that moment. That was great! Way to go!!

Trinity said...

I definitely think Rylee and Kelly would get along. Rylee's nickname in Gymnastics is muscles. She's very proud of that. We didn't even have a kindergarten graduation here. I'm jelous.

Unknown said...

OMG!! So CUTE! I wish I had offspring like yours! But alas, my kids are brats that just get beaten all the time. I swear they spend 90% of their time locked in the basement for doing things like sneezing too loud.

Nicole said...

SO funny! When Zack did it, he was a juggler. Basically tossing the ball back and forth...not nearly as fun as posing with muscles!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

cool pic with mrs. mcfadden! she looks the very same as she did when she taught me in the THIRD grade! I totally remember...she was expecting her first child! :) wow did that age me or what!