Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Did I tell you that Kelly is a farmer?

I didn't?

Well, she is. At least, that is what she tells me.

She loves to go out and plant with her Papa Coop. They planted onions a few weeks back. Red and yellow. They planted some tomato plants as well. Then Mommy left them out in the wind, and now they are dead...it is a looong story, and it makes me sad. Oh, the little voice in your head that tells you to bring in a plant... I really need to start listening to that.

Today Papa Coop planted water melons, cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, more onions and some snap dragons. It was a beautiful day.

Kelly enjoys planting and being one with the earth. She loves to water the plants.

Let me tell you a story about watering the garden with her the other day.

I made the first mistake of the day by waking Kelly up to early. It was 8am.

Boo hoo.

She needs to work on waking up earlier because a certain little someone has morning kindergarden in the fall and it will be really bad if she does not work on her morning skills.

We are working on that pronto!!

Being a gardener is going to be key. See, she loves to water on irrigation day.

But then the wind started to blow and Mommies next mistake came into play.

I put a new outfit on her on irrigation day. A windy irrigation day.

So, then my pretty little princess too nervous and angry to be the happy little farmer that we all know that she is.

(Cue evil music)

The bad, bad wind blew the sweet, sweet H2O on to Kelly's new outfit.

And, action Kelly.... she now feels like crying and whining about small specks of red dirt on her new pants.

Oh the horror!

Is there anyone out there with the sense and understanding to help this situation?

Anyone?

(Cue super hero music)

Yes!

Mommy is here with her super green hair dryer and the super hero strength to out wit a sobbing 5 year old.

No autographs please.

Dang I look good in tights.

(ha ha HA HA!! that was a good one)

All is right with the world...until I, Super Mommy have to drain out the fish tank in Kelly's room tomorrow. I might have to take a major hit of fish water in my mouth when I siphon out the tank, but it is a small price to pay for JUSTICE!

Cool fish tank right?

Aunt Shannon gave this to Kelly. It has a rad plant in it to help keep it clean and he looooooves it. It looks cool to.

Wanna guess what she named her fish?

Rex! I adore it.

I shall leave you with a completely too cute picture of my niece Sadie.

She is the most precious little girl. I love that she is rocking the yellow headband. It is so "spring" and it makes me smile.

Until next time.

Same bat time.

Same bat channel.

2 comments:

Amanda P. said...

Way fun little story-haha! Good luck with the whole "training kelly" project :)

Nicole said...

Oh, I miss the garden! What Dylan wouldn't give to be there digging in the dirt with Dad and Kel...

Stick to your guns with the getting-Kelly-up-earlier Project! You can do it!