Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amanda's baby shower

Soooooo.... Amanda's baby shower was a BLAST!

It was laid back, and light hearted. No stress for our Mommy-to-be. It was fun to do. I learned that keeping it simple can really be the best for everyone.

Here, you can check out the pictures and judge for your self. :)

Amanda is enjoying the last of the yummers fruit dip that Mama Coop made. I had never tried it before, it needs to be around more often!




This is the banner that I put together to go along with the streamers. It was super easy and kind of looks like a baby quilt up close.





The lovely ladies!

Amanda, Em, Savy, Grandma Coop, Aunt Lisa, Jess and Ali.

Crazy, I remember when Sav was the shortest person in a family group picture.


Melanie was being Super Gramma to her grandbaby Shaye. Holy cow, he is sooooo adorable. I wanted to just kiss his little cheekies. I did not. Now I wish that I did though.

Keonie came by and brought her new baby Kenya. She is a total dollie. She even had the sweetest little bracelet on. Ugh! Too, too special.


I made cupcakes.

They are supposed to be baby faces.

They were supposed to be about 50 % smileing..and 50% crying.
I could not do that many sad ones. It made me blue.




Then I saw these Onsie cookies online....

I could not stop myself from making them. I enjoy playing with icing a little too much.

Oh well, just as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.



Emily and Jess had time to sit and enjoy eachothers company.

This picture cracks me up!!!

I can just picture Jess saying "Shucks Em, you are the Swayziest!"

Swayziest= As cool as Patrick Swayze.


Kristy and Shaye are looking darling as ever!

She did an amazing job on this super cute-i-full patchwork baby blanket for Taylor. There was three different colors of fabric, and lots of puffy paint to draw with. Everyone then took a turn at the table and wrote a special message to Taylor.

It will look so great hanging in her room. Kristy made one for Sadie's baby shower too.




Kelly, Sadie and Shelby really had a fabulous time making their own square for Taylor. Kelly drew a picture of herself....so Taylor would know who she was.






Emily's square was straight out of a Stampin' up catalouge. I think that it was subliminal though....hard to get those images out of your head whe you see them all day long.

Hi Mia! She wants you to know that she is 3.







Just checkin' in with the guest of honor. Amanda and Sadie look so cuddely and sweet in this picture. Sadie is going to have fun hanging out with her Daddy when the new baby is here, Jason is tons of fun with her.





Hey?!

Where were D.J. and Papa Coop?
They were invited to the festivites weren't they?

Oh yes they were....here they are....watching basketball.

Menfolk.


Savy, Jess and Amanda in the "I part my bangs on the same side club".

No.

Really, I just noticed that they were on the same side and I could not resist saying that.







Ali wants to show us all that she is really good at eating grapes.

Papa Coop agree's with her..."yes Ali, you are talented."






But the REAL question is, can Ali eat fruit with dip on it and not get it on her face?????

The anwser is No.

She is ok with that, I swear.

(can you tell by the look on her face?)


Gramma Cooper and Emily.

Awwwww...this picture makes me smile.

Hey! Everyone is starting to pair up in all of my pictures...that is weird.




Like this cute one of Kelly and Shelby.

They really liked eachother. I went upstairs to spy on them when they were playing Barbies....it was the silliest thing to listen to. I am glad that Kelly has another family friend to play with.







She can't always harass Ali.

Even though she really tries to.







I was really excited to get the chance to hang out with Aunt Lisa this weekend at the shower. She is a GEM. I always have so much to talk to her about, and she always listens to me and I really feel like she cares.

That is way important to me. Love her.






Jess with Papa Coop. They look so happy to see eachother. That is because they are!

The day after the shower was Jess's birthday. I was glad to get a chance to hang out with her before her birthday... what I really wanted to do was to go to Cedar city and spend it with all of the Whites, but it was not to be. Maybe next year!!


We played ONE game.

Amanda does not like shower games too much. I don't really blame her. Sometimes being the center of attention is not so great.

So, we gathered up 11 pictures of her at different ages, and had everyone take a guess at what picture is what age. It was pretty much a silent game, except fot when we gave out the anwsers. It was cool with Amanda.

Kristy and Em are doing their best to kick booty at the game.


Savy won the Amanda game!!! Go Sav!

It was a fun shower..wish you could have been there Imaginary Reader buddy of mine.

Night night.

2 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

It looks like it was a blast! I am so sorry that us Jacobson girls coudln't make it! We love you all so much though!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a success.. even without me, is that possible? I would have totally crushed everyone at that picture game! When I come visit at the end of the month.. we are going to do another round of pictures and i'm facing off against Savy... that's right! Head-to-Head. It's on!!!

Oh.. and how long did it take for the bean dip to demolish? just curious...

Loves all around. Miss you all!!

Sawah... Sawah Friend