Thursday, January 29, 2009

What did you do with your Christmas tree?

I know....weird question right??? It IS January 29th. Christmas is looong gone.

Here at Casa de Coop we decided to carry on a family tradition.

Papa Coop told me that when he was little his Mom would take the Christmas tree outside, and decorate it with bread. Then the little birdies would have some food for the winter.

Well, he wasn't telling me this, he was telling Kelly.

That is why he said birdies. I do not think that he talks to adults like that.

Kelly had fun putting stale bread on the tree....but it took some work.

For some reason, she had it in her mind that the very second that she put the bread on the tree, that the birds were going to swarm in and attack her and the tree. Like a feeding frenzy.

It took me a little convincing to get her to get out there and put the bread on the tree.

Once she got out there and saw that there were no birds attacking her, she was all over it.

See?

She loved it.

Yes.

She is getting too big for her clothes. My Kelly is growing like a weed!


We got to go to Cedar city to visit Jess and the kiddos a couple of weeks ago.

Sammy and Kelly had a major blast chillin' and playing with various toys.

Cuteness all around.

Speaking of cuteness......

Gavin...(The worlds most sweetest, cutest baby) was being uber precious.

Such a pleasant little guy.

When Jess changes him out of his clothes, he laughs like crazy!!

You could sell tickets to it. It is that great.



Oh yeah!

I can't forget to add that Kelly's snack day in kindergarten was the other day.

To say that I stress a little about what to have her bring is a smidgen of an understatement.

I do not want to send sugar...or even heaven forbid..nasty tasting healthy food.

Ugh.

So, this time I put peanut butter in a little cup...

...then I put rainbow colored gold fish crackers in the peanut butter....

...finally, I put it all in a plastic baggie with some pretzel sticks. They could use them to "fish" the crackers out with them.



As far as I could tell, the little munchkins loved it.

You can almost tell by the look on Kelly's face.

I am pleased with that.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

JEEEEZ! Are you trying to make all the other snack moms look bad, or WHAT??

Trinity said...

I love the tree tradition. Your a great mom.

Kristy Wilkey said...

I 2nd what Nicole said. Are you trying to make all the other mothers look bad? Jeeez woman!
:-) Some of us have jobs ya know! What ever happened to a package of cookies or crackers purchased at the store????
Hehe just kidding, what a great thing to be able to be that creative over something as small as snack for school! Kelly is lucky to have you!