Monday, July 21, 2008

I feel like LeVar Burton yo!

No!

I do not feel like the LeVar Burton from Star Trek : The Next Generation.....The awesomely sweet Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge.

No, that my friend, is for another day.

Today I feel like the LeVar Burton from my PBS days. My care free, book loving, internet free days.

I feel like singing...

"Butterflies in the sky...I can fly twice as high...take a look..in a book..it's reading rainbow..."

All of this because I feel the need to play the part I have always dreamed of playing.

The part of one of those book recommending kids on Reading rainbow!!!!

So awesome, I know.

If you haven't seen the show... and do not know what I am talking about then I have NO SYMPATHY for you and will not explain any further. Get off of the internet and go watch PBS for a minute...

Sheesh!

Now, here is my Reading Rainbow segment for you to enjoy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Are you like me and you are in desperate need of a good read????

Does it cause you to write crazy stories in your own blog???

Did you read the Twilight series and now you are pacing the floors until the new book "Breaking Dawn" comes out???

Save your carpet and you blog dear friend...for I have found a solution to this dilemma. I have a list of books that might interest you if you enjoyed the Twilight series....or just need a book to read.

Here it goes......


A Great and Terrible Beauty

By Libba Bray
After the suspicious death of her mother in 1895, sixteen-year-old Gemma returns to England, after many years in India, to attend a finishing school where she becomes aware of her magical powers and ability to see into the spirit world.



Book of Shadows
By Kate Tiernan
Seventeen-year-old Morgan thinks witchcraft is laughable when her best friend Bree drags her to a meeting of the Cirrus Coven. But during a ceremony led by Cal, Morgan's longtime crush, Morgan feels a shock. Suddenly everything looks brighter. Although she doesn't want to get involved with witchcraft, she feels it is choosing her.





Society of S
By Susan Hubbard
An ingenious twist on a beloved genre, this beautifully constructed novel blends humor and horror to show that vampires are not just bloodsucking creatures of the night--they can also be gentle, vegetarian, and wise.




The Silver Kiss
By:Annette Curtis Klause

Zoe is wary when, in the dead of night, the beautiful yet frightening Simon comes to her house. Simon seems to understand the pain of loneliness and death and Zoe's brooding thoughts of her dying mother. Simon is one of the undead, a vampire, seeking revenge for the gruesome death of his mother three hundred years before. Does Simon dare ask Zoe to help free him from this lifeless chase and its insufferable loneliness?

And now the famous .....

"But don't just take my word for it...go out and read it for your self!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have a feeling that next time I am going to feel like Bob Ross....and then I will feel compelled to paint "little happy trees" like he did on his show "the Joy of Painting."

He is wicked cool.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

"Fluffy little clouds....and we're gonna make a mountain, right there.. you see? See how easy that was?"

Amanda P. said...

hahaha. That was a hilarious post! I loved reading rainbow!! And that song brought back some good times :)