Thursday, February 19, 2009

What a day!!!

Kelly's birthday was the BEST day ever for sure!!!!

The night before, I made these cutie-pie snowmen cupcakes for her kindergarten class party. I found them here at the Betty Crocker website. Seriously I looked around at tons of cupcake websites for at least a MONTH.

We decided to go with these because they were..
  • cute
  • fun
  • easy
  • different
  • it has been snowing so much here in Kanab
Kelly really liked them, I am glad that she did not want the puppy dog cupcakes...those were too silly for me. (ha!)


Then I started to feel a little bit guilty because it felt like there was too much sugar for her birthday treat day.

Ugh!

So I remembered my sweet friend Jana's blog. This is whats going BROWN. She made the most awesome little penguins out of olives with her darling daughter. I HAD to make them to go along with my snowmen.

I really had to.

Thanks Jana! I wanna squeeze your ears!

Kelly thought that they were funny. The really funny part is that I went to the store to buy two different sized olives...small for the heads and large for the bodies.... (makes sence right?)

....I bought them, brought them home and when I got them out, they were the SAME size!!!

Stupid olives.

After school I grabbed Kel and we went to get Jesee and Wyatt.

Kelly really wanted to go and play at the park with them. I was lucky, the weather was actually cooperating and it was almost warm out.

It might not sound like the most exciting thing to do on your birthday...but Kelly LOVES the city park here in Kanab. Can you really blame her? It has all kinds of new equipment, room to run for hours and a steady stream of kids coming and going.

When I was young, and my sisters and I would go to that park....it was ok. The slide was always hot..the merry-go-round would make you puke..and the swing there was a death trap. Now, it is really fun.

When the fountain and the pool open up it will be even better!!

Strike a pose Kell bell.

I personally think that they need to add a wee bit more rubber to the play area. The slide has a huge drop off at the bottom. I wouldn't complain to anyone else but you my dear imaginary reader. (promise)

Ah, but I am rambling on and on.

Jesee and Kelly had a great time running and pretending. I was sitting on a park bench watching them and I really found myself wish in gthat I was six.

They have a good time!

Then we came back to Casa de Coop for some homemade pizza. (don't try it yourself, mine was not yummy)

The kiddos ate it up though...they are nice. Love them



Then Amanda, Jason, Em, Doug, Mia and Sadie stopped by to sing Kelly happy birthday and eat some chocolate cake.

We sang the traditional song...uh, you know..."happy birthday to you..."

you can see here that Kel thought it was pretty great. (because it was)







Everyone got a big piece of cake and had fun watching the little ones run around in a chocolate fed frenzy.

I love the way the kitchen sounds when there are so many people in there. Now it is lonely and dark, really not as fun at all.




Mia and Kelly look so happy in this picture. I just want to hug them.








Oh, my....this is too, too much!

Sadie, Kel and Mia were playing with stuffed animals. Sadie would run into the kitchen and tell me that it was Kelly's birthday. I couldn't get enough!



This morning my beautiful, wickly awesome Mom came over and gave Kelly her birthday present.

She bought her the best outfit ever!!!

Check it out!

Also she got her the one thing that I completely forgot about....a balloon! She was telling me last night that she really wanted one...I felt so bad. My Mom must have felt my Mommy pain and just knew that she wanted one. What a great woman! Love her!

It was a great day..I hope Kelly felt special.

Tomorrow we are going to go to Cedar City to spend the weekend with Jess, Sam and the kiddos!!! WE are so, so excited.

Here is a video of what Kelly thinks about that. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

she started stripping she was so excited!!!!

that's LEGIT!!

Anonymous said...

awe!!! I am glad you posted pictures, now I don't feel like I missed as much! I still can't get over the new microwave in the kitchen, it still throws me off.

Irene J Harvey said...

I am so pleased that even if your memories of the merry-go-round are not too good, you still took your 6 year old daughter to the city park, just because she wanted to go!
From the pics, she obviously had a great birthday.
If Kelly likes parks and fairgrounds, maybe she would like to read a new book of 10 stories (aimed at the under 8's)about a Car, a merry-go-round some animals, and lots of happy children. I am the author.
Irene Harvey
http://eloquentbooks.com/WilliamtheFairgroundCar.html
http://myjourneytopublication.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those are so fun looking! What a cute idea with the cupcake's and olive treats. You are a great mom.

Ali said...

TOO CUTE! I wish i couldn've been there.

Shannon said...

awww Happy Birthday Kell stink butt. Wish I couldve been there. ... Wait? why wasn't I there? :) love ya!

Amanda P. said...

Cutie pie pictures! I'm glad we got to go over there for her birthday.

and we can't wait for the pool and the water feature to open up either!! I am starting to get some spring fever already....

Staci said...

Looks like she will always remember her birthday's! You are so creative(even with the help of Janalyn!)

Brant and Jana said...

It always feels good when someone thinks your ideas are good. Fun winter birthday!