Tuesday, September 23, 2008


Sooo, homecoming was last week.... and Kelly was asked to be on her own float!!!!

She is such a pillar of the community, that they wanted to honor her with a float and a key to the city. I know! I felt so excited!

Ummmmm...

Well, that is sort of true.

She DID get to ride on a float. It was the float that is a time honored tradition here in great old Kanab. The Kindergarten float. Class of 2021 peeps.

It was fun to go and watch them haul our five year old children on a giant semi truck. Also very scary, but I am a Nervous Nancy about stuff like that. ( thank you Amanda for that super fun name to call myself)

We all sat around in the formally-named "fish bowl" or front living room and waited for the excitement that is the homecoming parade. I was personally looking forward to seeing Savy ride on the fire truck. It is fun is fun to yell at family members when you are happy to see them even though you only saw them five minutes ago.


I live for this stuff people!

We decided that it would be fun to shout at Savy's homecoming date as he was riding in his special car. He was the "prince" and all you know.

So, we yelled out..."hey Savy's date!..and yea for Savy!" as loud as we could. We even took a picture of us laughing at how funny we thought that we were. I think I might have laughed to hard, because some lady gave me a dirty look.

Oh well, I gotta have fun where I can get it people.


I guess that teenage boys do not like being called out on picking the coolest chick for a date. they get all shy and stuff.

Sheesh, I was never a teenage boy. How was I supposed to know???

It was silly and embarrassing to the poor guy at the same time. I did apologize when he came to get her for the dance.

Anyway...back to Kelly and her float..she was dressed as a cheer leader..but had an old larriette uniform on.

Isn't that like a deal breaker in someone's rule book somewhere? I am sure it is.
Not in my book.

She had a blast...we all laughed...Savy looked so super cute that we wanted to lock her up for being to grown up...

Life is good here.

Wish you were here!

4 comments:

Amanda P. said...

this is Sarah.. and I should kill you for posting that gross picture. But I won't, cause you're my sister and I have to love you no matter what you DO!!! BOOOOO

Trinity said...

What a cute little girl. It sounds like a fun homecoming. I'm happy to see a picture of Emily. It seems like forever since I've seen her, except for a quick hello at the 4th of July parade. Please tell her hi.
You always have great posts.
By the way Happy B-lated Birthday.

Valerie said...

Kelly will always remember that semi ride! It's been 33 years ago I took that same ride and I still remember! I'm glad they've kept the tradition going. However, now from a mom's point of view - a BIT SCARY! I guess if anyone had ever fallen off, the tradition might have ended!

Nicole said...

Savy looks boo-tiful!
I remember Zack riding the fire truck, and most of my siblings too. Ahh, good old Kanab traditions!