Friday, February 1, 2008

You take the good, you take the bad....

...you take them both and there you have - the facts of life.

Yes, I am a child of the 80's. Yes, I loved the show "the Facts of Life". I can honestly say that Blair was my favorite character. ( I'm also a huge Family Ties - Alex P. Keaton fan as well. Not ashamed to admit that at all) Mrs. Garrett was oh so wise and jolly. Tootie and Natalie were so funny and nice to everyone. Honestly... Jo was confusing to me then. Not a Jo fan so much.

This is 2008 not 1985, and "the facts of life" today are not solved in a half an hour. (sorry Tootie)

I woke up today to the sound of my beautiful Mother's voice. She was calling me from work. Not a really great sign. She is a 911 dispatcher here in scenic Kanab Utah. Calls from one of Kane county's finest are not supposed to be fun. Not supposed to be happening to me at the very least. She was calling to inform me that my car was hit by another driver. (see sad picture at upper left)

Shouldn't my car be in the driveway? Safe, sound, close to the house?

Yes, it should.

Yesterday we took it into the local mechanic to have the simple task of a tire rotation done to our sweet little Impala. We might have complicated matters by adding windshield wiper replacement to our list of things to do. It sounds easy...right? Well, maybe not. By closing time our car was still not here, and not a soul had called us to ask if she could spend the night. Tough luck guys, they did not finish the job. No car for you.

For about 8 years we have been living in cities that were slightly larger in population . I am used to the one hour oil change. The quick tire rotation. The ease of going to a Checker auto parts store and buying your own windshield wipers. All this time waiting for our car was making me twitch with worry.

I have no tolerance for excessive waiting. When I want something done it gets done, or else I do it myself (or I throw a tissy fit.) It is wrong, I know. I own my 3 year old side. I am working on changing that character flaw of mine everyday. It helps living around patient people - that and screaming into a pillow once a week.

The best part about this story, is that it was hit late last night - by the owner of the place. Sheesh buddy give me a break. So he did... kind of. He is paying to fix our car, which he should. Plus, the work we needed done is on him. I should be happy about that.

I am not happy.

We still do not have a car. Truthfully, I have no clue what-so-ever when they are going to be finished fixing our car. Papa Coop took in his van a while back and it took a couple of weeks to get a squeek fixed.

Blah.... I need to stop thinking about it.

Thank you for letting me vent.

*******SAVY NEWS***********

Our favorite 16 year old went to the doctor again today. The news is not what we were hoping for. What exactly were we expecting you ask? How about this....

"Savannah, you have healed 99.9%. We are going to let you take off that Dark Vader of a brace and you can throw those crutches in the trash on your way out. Plan on playing in the next game on Tuesday with no problem. Also, all of your doctor fee's were paid by a small, glittery woman carrying silverware. It was odd, but she seemed so nice."

Needless to say that was not what happened. Instead it was more like this....

"Squishy your knee is Savy. Orthopedic surgeon you will see, no?. Your knee brace "Darth Vader" will be. Begun, the knee wars has."

Alright, alright. Yoda is not Savy's doctor. It would be Awesome if it was though, right??? I am sure that her doctor is wise, and we trust what he wants her to do, but why can't he just make it all just go away? Probably because he is not a wonderful 900 year old Jedi.
Angry about it I may once have been, but I'm not any more.

Bring on the Darth Vader brace! Savy is one tough chica. She can handle it. (see pic at left)

How about some good news????

Ok... hmmmm. Everyone is almost over their colds. Woo hoo!

Our niece / granddaughter / cousin Mia had a double earache. She had to go to the hospital. Not good. I was hanging out with her today and she seems like she is feeling almost normal. I seriously think that children under 10 years old should never get sick. It is not fair I tell you!!

Baby Sadie (also
our niece/ granddaughter/cousin) is also just getting over a bummer of a cold as well. -Oh my gosh! Today she was sporting the cutest, smallest piggy tails. I just wanted to squeal with delight when I saw them. Dang it!!! I should have taken a picture of them. Boo!!!

I did take a picture of Kelly today. Want to see it?

Sure you do. Aww. Kelly is being a sweetie pie. Just don't give her any cold medicine. It turns her into a wild child!

The word for the day here at casa de Coop is smile. It is smile because that is what we all were trying to do all day. I think we pulled it off.

Well, I might have been just a little bit cranky for a split second today.

Ok, I snapped at DJ when he accused me of saying a grilled cheese sandwich cost 2 bucks. I admit it. I also did say that it cost two bucks, but in my defense I meant with fries. He didn't know that though. Start reading minds already Deej! (especially when I am cranky)

All is well though. Smiles were smiled. Braces were worn. Cars were smashed Husbands were apologized to.

Why is everything getting smaller??? Aw, who cares? ;)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, too bad yoda is not savy's doc. I would honestly enjoy that! LOve you lots!