Sunday, October 5, 2008

The first tooth has left the building



My sweet little five and 1/2 year old Kelly, has lost her first tooth.

This is her...... after the whole ordeal. Calm as a cucumber and happy.

I do not remember loosing any of my teeth that vividly at all.

I remember wiggling it with my finger, or tongue. Possibly trying to rip it out with floss and a door knob.....SLAM...bye bye tooth.

Nothing crazy though.

Thursday, my husband and love of my life, decided that it was TIME.

Kelly has that silly tooth hanging by a thread from her mouth for too many days and he was going to get it.

He had told me many stories about how he would tell his Mom about a loose tooth. Then she would call him close to him and then just RIP it out.

Bye bye tooth. No stress, no worries. I understand completely....she did have 7 other children who probably needed teeth ripped out at the same time then too...I will not judge.

OK. It gets a little bloody here for a minute, but it is cool...if I can handle it, then anyone can.

Here is Deej and Kel after they had just gotten the tooth out. He is seriously laughing the whole time I am taking these pictures. Priceless.

It was a tragic ordeal, filled with screaming and pleads of "just stay still Kelly"...mixed in with "I do not want you to touch my tooth anymore Daddy."

At one point I was called in to hold her feet so he could just grab it.

That lasted about 2 seconds.

I cannot even stand to go to give Kelly her shots, let alone be apart of a tooth extraction.

Oh no..not Mommy. Mommy is a weinie wagon.

Besides, I was on the phone with Emily and she heard the commotion. She asked what was going on.

I told her that DJ was bound and determined to get Kelly's tooth out. She laughed.

Then, she told me that when she was little her Dad (aka Papa Coop) chased her all around the house...trying to get at her little tooth.

She went and hid under the covers of her bed, and then she choked on her tooth....poor Emily.

I have asked other siblings about their first tooth experiences.

Sarah said that her mom would coax her to her, and then just grab it!

I would be scared silly and would just run for the hills if that happened...no way, no how.

I think I might have a slight control issue to work out. I should seek my imaginary therapist , for advice on that topic.

Enough about me and my control issues!

Kelly did fine and even though she was covered in blood, she was super happy to have it done and over with.

I fed her some spaghetti-O's and then promptly got her ready for the twins birthday party.

She was so proud to show of that she had finally lost a tooth.

I am pretty sure that I heard her tell Wyatt that she had lost a tooth..and that it was CRAZY. She then told everyone else that it was cool...she liked showing off her vacant space in her mouth.

After that, it was a non-issue. You can see that by looking at the picture of her and Jesee here on the right.


The only thing, is that she has another tooth right next to the other one that is just tooooo loose.

I voted to let her do it by herself. She spent most of her time at the twin's second..kiddo party ...wiggling her tooth. I would look outside and I saw that finger in her mouth everytime.

Good thing I asked the"tooth fairy" to go by her work and get me some gold dollars. Thanks Deebits. You are a great Tooth fairy.

7 comments:

Trinity said...

Losing the first is always the most traumatic. From here on she'll be pulling everyone out herself.

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo funny! I'm sad that I wasn't there for the whole tooth experience. I miss you guys! I remember mom chasing me down. Seriously. We ran all around the house until she tackled me. I won in the end though, I refused to open my mouth. Momma Coop-7 Kids-1 :)

Nicole said...

I have totally traumatic memories of losing teeh in the Cooper household. My Dad chased me with RUSTY PLIERS. AHHH! I think my mom enjoyed it a little too much...

Stacy and Jared said...

I love that DJ is totally laughing in every picture. my kids dont let me near them when they have a loose tooth, they're no fun at all

Subburbs and Starbucks said...

What is wrong with everyone? loosing my first tooth was a right of passage...a sailship into adulthood. It was tangible PROOF that i was no longer a baby. Gheesh, maybe i am the exception but I actually enjoyed wiggling those bad boys around in my mouth. Fel was the same way...she would just do it herself and then come pouncing up to me to remind me that the tooth fairy owed her a buck!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Yes, that fun first tooth. Only Dallin past out on me...yes, fainted to the floor. The short story (I hope), Tooth was ready, I tricked him by having him bite into an apple, yes pulled the tooth forward, blood gushing, child (very dramatic) screaming, so I grabbed a paper towel think we were going to have the dentist finish pulling it.hahaha. With the PT was able to grip the hanging tooth and out it came. He bit down on some wet paper towel and standing by the kitchen table said
"mom, I my tummy doesn't feel so good." White as a sheet, I grabbed him just as he went down. True story!!! jentrie was MUCH easier...her teacher pulled it at school... :)

Anonymous said...

heh heh heh....dad paid me five bucks every time i let him pull one of my teeth.

then when i realized it didn't hurt, i would find a loose tooth during class, pull it, and stay in the bathroom cleaning it up for the rest of the class. muahahhaa