Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Relaxation time for me!


I can now heave a huge sigh of relief.

Papa Coop's surprise birthday party was last Saturday and it was wonderful.

***crazy side note***

For a really long time...like my whole life... I have been spelling surprise like this- suprize- I thought it was sup prize!

I am officially an idiot.

The cool thing is that the old me would never admit to that mistake..ever.

I feel all changed and new.

Not really.

***end of crazy side note***

Anyway, all of the hiding, whispering and plan making is done. What a relief!

He almost caught me at least three or four times when I was either making something, or talking to someone about some part of the party.

Planning surprise parties can take it out of you.

We went to Gramma Cooper's Halloween party in St. George that afternoon. It is a tradition, and not to be missed.

You saw how much fun it is in my last post.... so everyone had to be EXTRA sneaky and not say anything to Papa Coop. It was a tough one, because people were talking about Jess being there, and Gramma Cooper herself was going to drive over to Kanab the minute her party was over.

Risky....risky.

Then, when we were there in St. George, Papa Coop tells Mama Coop and I that he isn't going to go back to Kanab after the party.

What?!!!?

Yep. He had work plans to pick up a load in Vegas. AHHH!

Well, Mama Coop got right on her phone and called his work. She had already cleared the night with his boss a few days before. I guess his boss didn't want to let the cat out of the bag, and decided to not tell him no, if there was work to be done.

It was quickly taken care of and the surprise party was back on! Woo hoo! (Thanks Uncle Tom!!!)

The hostess-with-the-mostest Emily had everything down to an exact science. It is nice to plan things with someone that understands my obsessive compulsiveness...and my internal need to people please to the nth degree. She knows me.

Here is an example of her organization skills first hand. The power point presentation of,
  • what needed to be done,
  • who is doing it, and
  • when it has to be finished.
Pure genius....love it.

Papa Coop arrived at the party a little miffed that we had somehow lost the seven layer dip. He had his mind set on eating that as soon as he got home.

All anger was gone the second he heard "Surprise!!"

I was behind him a bit, so I did not see them all jump out, but I bet it was a sight to see. I think someone might have taped his entrance..I am not sure.

At the right is what we wanted this picture to look like!!

We all were missing Nicole so much! Now, with my awe inspiring paint program skills I can make the impossible...possible.

Here Nicole is with Jess, Gavin, Savy, Ali and Amanda. It looks like Amanda is holding up a Happy Birthday Dad sign. How nice of her.


Oooh! Here is a classic picture. Nicole, Sarah and Jess. Watch out everybody! Here comes trouble.

;)

Man I am such a good photo cropper-changer. I should do it for a living. You can hardly tell. HaHaHa

All kidding aside, we really did miss Nicole, Matt, Zack and Dylan. We know how hard it is to make the trip from California, and everyone is looking forward to hanging out with you guys at Thanksgiving.

Nicole and Matt made this SWEET 2 disk CD for Papa Coop. We then burned it, and gave it out as thank you gifts to all our guests. Party music is a great reminder of people that you love and the fun time you have had with them. Thanks guys!

Now I just need to plan my Halloween night.

I think I have plans with my new friend Ole' One Eye. Fun!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is crazy! 10 deer, I wish I would have seen them. We did pretty good this year to keep them out with our new fence, but I guess they are getting desperate enough. There really isn't anything left in there anyway.

Nicole said...

Hahaha - it's almost like I was really THERE! :)