Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Have you met Garth?


If you are an avid reader of Savy's blog.... http://savycoopblog.blogspot.com/ then you probably have heard of Garth.

To put is simply, Garth is a black and white picture of Savy's friend Carley.....on a yard stick.

Carley was going to be absent from Volleyball pictures, and they wanted something to represent the awesomeness that is Carley.

She is a great asset to the team, not to mention Savy's best friend.

So the silly girls made a substitute Carley....because having her not in the picture was just not right!

What is funny is, that she made it to the pictures after all and the fake Carley is in the picture with the real one.

Look at this picture of the team right here. If you look closely, you can see Garth in the middle.

I hear somewhere that a caption in a homecoming volleyball picture makes you real.

I read it in Harry Potter or something.

So now, Garth is REAL.

OK. What is the point????

I LOVE to hide it and put it in silly places. Like putting it in the wood pile outside, or sitting at the kitchen table. Sometimes, I will put it by the air hockey table..... but we mostly take it to Savy's volleyball games.

To tell you the truth..... I stole it from Savy, because it was so fun to put it in random places.

I am not sure why...but it makes me smile to see a floating head in funny, everyday places.

Like this plant for instance....

How funny is it, to walk into casa de Coop and see a smiling happy face in a potted plant??

It is pure magic.

Maybe too much magic.

All of the sudden today... Garth got all crazy.

It went over to the big freezer, and then it ate all of Savy's frozen pizzas.

That is a big deal here.

Sav loves her pizza. We order it special from the Schwans man and everything, they are just for her.

I can't believe that Garth would do that!

The absolute nerve or the yard stick with a face!

So, then I went about my day, ignoring Garth. I can not deal with it's drama.

I have a five year old little girl to raise for crying out loud!

I walk into the laundry room and there it is....Deliberately mixing the lights with the darks!

I promise that I saw it throw a red sock into a white only load of clothes.

Look at the happiness in it's eyes!

Pink clothes are only cool in summer Garth!

It is October. People wear hoodies and black.... maybe a some red. Not pink. What is Savy going to do now?

Then, Garth started acting all crazy nuts.

It went up to the top of the stairs and said that it was going to jump because it felt so bad for ruining Savy's clothes.

I made it clear that ruining clothes was nothing to jump over.

Garth was not going to listen.


I told it how important it was. How special it was to the team. How it was fun to take it to the volleyball games and taunt the Beaver players with it's supreme curiosity. To make them wonder why the awesome Kanab volleyball team even needed a black and white head on a yard stick to motivate them to win.

Then..... the horrible thing happened.

It started to slip, and almost fell! I reached out to catch it but just missed it.

Here you can see how it caught it self, then regained it's composure.

I made sure that it was alright. Fetched it a glass of ice water, and a cheese sandwich. Then it was time for me to get Kelly from kindergarten.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Everything was full the fall season. The air was clean. A yellow leaf was shinning bright on a tree. I saw a pumpkin on a porch. I even had my windows in my car down, instead of blasting my air conditioning. It was so great.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I forgot completely of the hardships of poor, poor Garth.

Kelly and I came back home and walked into the family room to turn on some cartoons. Then we looked up and saw it flying on the ceiling fan.

Apparently, my motivational speech was so inspiring that it felt the need to spin on the ceiling fan.

I had filled it's wood-like-soul with joy. A little too much joy if you ask me. Ceiling fans are for air movement, and dust only!

That is exactly what I told it.

Frankly, it was creeping Kelly out, and I can not tolerate that around my impressionable child.

You can understand my concern, I am sure.

So, I decided to put it high up on the kitchen cabinet shelf. Away from all of the madness.

Now it can watch Savy choose her morning cereal....see her butter her toast and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it.

In the afternoon it could possibly watch Rachel Ray on the kitchen t.v. It is a happy place for watching some shows.

Please, don't call the Yard-stick-face-police on me. Being on a cabinet is not such a bad place. I am only trying to do the right thing.

Long live Garth!

2 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Your turn to make me giggle :)

Stephanie said...

I can't stop laughing