Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Wise!

Today is a special day! My niece Samantha James White is turning four years old.

Gosh, just typing that out made it seem so impossible that little Sammy is getting so big!

The night before she was born, Jess was having dinner with DJ and I and we could not believe that the next day she was going to have a new little girl in their lives. We were so excited. Sammy was on her way! Little did we know how awesome she would be.


Here, at the left is her first Halloween. Only a couple of weeks old and just the smallest baby girl.

I remember like it was yesterday. All she did was snooze away like the sweetest angel. I wanted to pick her up and hold her, but DJ kept telling me to leave her be.

So I did....but I made a frownie face at him when his back was turned.

Sammy, Sammers, PaJammers, or my favorite nick name "the Wise"...(because her name is Sammy, and that went on to Sam Gamgee, from Lord of the rings, who was also called Samwise Gamgee...)

When I deconstruct how I make up people's nicknames...it makes me sound loony. Oh well.

We had such a fun time at Brian Head...she was such a fun toddler to be around. Kelly would be crying about snow melting or something, and Sammy would just look at me and smile. Just like that on the right. She is holding a snow baby. She kept telling me that all of her snow babies were shrinking.

Sammy and Kelly used to have the most marvelous tea parties. They would dress up completely ...dresses, shoes earrings, bracelets, and crowns and have high tea at my little kitchen table.

They would have the cutest conversations...like world politics and the state of the union. You should have heard them talk economics....whew! It got heated.

No.

That didn't happen. They DID talk about puppies, dollies and I think toots were thrown in there for good measure.

Sammy, you are
  • cute
  • funny
  • sweet
  • silly
  • caring
  • nice
  • cuddly
  • and special
Happy birthday Wise....we all love you...ooodles.

No comments: