Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The big day.


It happened.

Kelly got ready all by herself. Brushed her teeth, took a shower, did not yell at me while I blow dried and curled her hair.

Then, she took both Grammie and my hands and walked to the Elementary school.

I have been waiting for this moment since I first saw her sweet little face on February 18th 2003.

Not that I wanted to get rid of my baby...I just have always wanted to be there with her at home, until she went into school.



It was a lofty goal I know.

In my humble opinion it was worth every sacrifice.

Now it feels like the day after Christmas. Only we get to do it all over again five days a week, so it does not sting as bad.

Ok...now here are the pictures from our amazingly fast day.

Do you think that I need to buy Kelly a larger backpack??? I don't know. I think that possibly something that is twice her size is more appropriate for a kindergartner

I really like this picture of Kel. She is super excited and is afraid that Grammie and I are going to make her late. She still stopped for us and posed for the picture.

Grammie wanted me to get in the with her, but I am also picture-a-phobic. It is a serious problem I know, but I am learning to deal with that.

Hey! No Parking!

My little girl ran right into the chaos that is the first day of school and went right to the coat hook and hung up her backpack.

I was so proud, she IS a neat freak like me!

Then she totally tuned Grammie and I out. It was school time people!
Time for Kelly to get in the zone and do some learning.

See ya Mom. Later Grammie. Peace out.

We could not let that happen.

We needed pictures of her sitting at her little desk...and ...and pictures of her breathing, and blinking.

I admit that it was really hard to walk out of that room. So, we put it off a little more by taking another picture.

We then begged Kelly to do the traditional "stand by the black board" picture. She was fully annoyed by this because she was right in the middle of telling people that she" has not lost a tooth yet", and that she "knows someone else that has is named Jesse."

She is a hard core social butterfly. I enjoy watching her.


My favorite part of this picture is the "be polite" sign that she is standing by. If you know Kel, then you are laughing too.


Out the door we left without so much as a "goodbye Mommy", or a tear filled "how will I go on without you mom?"

Certainly, her confidence is worlds better that crying and being afraid.....but I already missed my girl.

I didn't need to miss her long, because at the end of the school day I was there to watch her come out the door.

She had a great day. I could not be more proud of her.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay Kelly! First day of Kindergarten is a BIG day! I remember Zack's first day with Mrs. McFadden. She is an awesome teacher!

Shannon said...

Hooray for school!! I am proud of you that you didn't break down and wait outside her classroom all day.

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

Congrats Mommy! First day of kindergarten can be hard, I have now done it 3 times and I took my baby to his first day of pre-school today! :( Oh well! It's all good~ later