Friday, August 22, 2008

Greetings Earthlings


All well here at casa de Coop.

Deej, Papa Coop, and Mama Coop are all hard at work.

Savy and Ali are at school. Well...Ali is doing school things. She starts her second year at Dixie on Monday I think.

I am just chilling with Kelly Jess for a bit before we head on out to the Western Legends thingy in town.

Now you are caught up...whew. Alright.

Awesome picture of Papa Coop making his famous salsa, right? I was lucky enough to be able to hang out with him yesterday when he made a couple of batches.

You bet your sweet patootie that I was watching his every move when he was making it. I have aspirations to learn how to make salsa and he is the master.

It is an interesting process, making salsa. I would even venture to say that it is an art form if done correctly. Papa Coop is definitely an art director.

Peeling the skin off of warm tomatoes is already at the top of my "ew yucky" list. Not really sure why I feel that way, it just is.

We went to Savy's first Volleyball game last night.

It was really fun to watch. Her team is good, really good. They just need to up the confidence level a little and they will be as tight as the spandex that the wear.

It WAS just the first game after all.


I love this picture of Savy. Her hands all on her hips. Looking like she wants to lay the smack down. She is tough yo. I wouldn't mess with her.

The volleyball team has a major, major sweet fan section. They are so loud and they support the girls so much. I bet that they intimidate the other teams big time.

Mia and Kelly had a great time at the game. They were clapping and cheering...then they wanted to play silly little people games and we told them to cool it!

Ha ha not really. They were waaaay good and pretty much just yelled for Savy.

We made this sign for Sav and it says "GO Coop" in giant black letters with red outline on a white sheet. I am pretty sure that you can see it from space. I used this really large sharpie maker on it and it made the sign smell like spray paint on crack. It does not smell nice. Every time you got it out to wave it, someone got a little head rush. I am going to have to wash it, or soak it in smelly good before the next game for sure.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot! Today Kelly went into her school and got to see her class room, meet her teacher and do a little test.

Well, I lied.

I did not almost forget to say anything. I have been wanting to write about it the whole time! I just figured that I would write about things in the order that they happened.

Because I am having a real OCD kind of day today.

Tomorrow I might just write everything backwards...or go crazy and write about something that didn't even happen....you never know with me...I am wild.

Ok, so the school thing was cool. I love the classroom. It is soooo fun. We went on a little scavenger hunt in the classroom to get Kel used to where everything was. It was fun.

Her teacher was nice, I was worried that she was instantly not going to like me and look down on me because of the way I look or something. But, no. She was chill. She even told me to go fill out an appilcation to be a teachers aide.

I did. That would be so cool. Not going to get my hopes up though. I will just volunteer as much as I can for now. It is just Kell's first year and all.

Kel seemed to do good on her test. I tried to listen in to see how she was doing, but it was to hard to hear, so I gave up. I am pretty sure that she did great though. Love my baby. Can't even stop myself from eavesdropping on her.

By the way, is she making a weird face in that last picture, or is it just me???

Probably just me.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE the pics of Savy playing V-ball! Go Coop! I know Kelly will love Kindergarten. How exciting!

I need some salsa, like...NOW.

Shannon said...

I think Kelly has shifty eyes in that last picture. I am glad you filled out an app to be a teachers aide. Go Aides!! Ha ha! Love your butt!!