Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Today was shot day. :(

It is a 100% fact that I am terrified of needles of any sort.

I have gone through 4 pain filled labors, and not even once had an epidural. That is not because I am super strong, or totally pain tolerant.


No.

It is because I am a needle wheenie. I am not afraid to admit that at all.

Luckily I have an amazing mother-in-law that was willing to shield me from the horror that is seeing my daughter being stuck by ultra tiny needles.

Thank you so, so much Mama Coop. What would I do without you????

(probably curl into the fetal position on the floor until someone pored water on me.)

Kelly wanted to share her battle wounds form the day.

First there was two shots on the right arm here. Hence the two band aids. Grammie and Nurse Susan got her to sit still for those two.

I had to listen in the hall because I honestly feared that I would faint at the sight of seeing the event. This is full acknowledgment that I am a horrible mother for not being there...I feel all crushed inside, I promise.

Here Kelly is showing me that she also has battle wounds on her left arm as well.

After the first two shots she got wise and was NOT having them carry on any further.

She would wiggle and cry.

I was then summoned to help hold her down, so they could just get it done and over with.

Fear was then over come and I walked in the horrible shot room as cool as the other side of the pillow. You could not even tell that I was scared stupid.

We all held Kel still and she made it through the last two shots just fine.

It was superb. (that is my new word by the way, I hope that I am spelling it right.)

Kelly, Amanda, Sadie, Mama Coop and I all went to Savy's volleyball game against Gunnison tonight.

They were outstanding! (another new word)

The team won and Sav was a true team leader and on fire player....way to go Sav!!

Kelly lives to cheer! She likes to yell, "go Savy! or go Carly!" My personal favorite is "Go Kanab, boo losers."

Tonight it was "She just Cooped those poops."

I SWEAR that she made it up herself. She is into rhyming lately.

It is a bad thing to say...I think. I am trying to teach her about sportsmanship. Truthfully, I could not hide how much that made me laugh. It was just too funny.

Promises were made that I will work on teaching Kelly better team cheers.

Pinkie swear.

Here are a couple of pics of everyone enjoying the game...... I think that they turned out especially full of cuteness.

Sadie was trying to stand like Kel in this pic. It was pretty funny. She is a fast learner.

When Sadie saw Sav at the game she said "boo boo." Because she saw her knee brace...so concerned - and not even 2 years old yet!

The radness that is Kel, Mama Coop, Amanda and Sadie.

View it. Enjoy it. Try not to make all of your friends jealous that my family is super sweet and fun to go to games with.

Oh, and yes. Kelly DOES wear that shirt to all of Savy's games.
I bought it for that very reason. It says Cooper on the back.

She likes to think of it as her uniform and I have no problem with that at all. She and I think that it is the coolest....because it is!

Finally, all Kelly wanted was to take a picture with Savy after the game. So here it is.

Tomorrow is the official first day of Kindergarten...I am not sure if I am going to be able to sleep to night I am so excited!

Sweet dreams. :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Needle phobia will be conquered. Did I spell THAT right?? Love you!