Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hero Scape

OK. This is a disclaimer.

************************************************************************************

I love my daughter. She is the apple of my eye...my special little girl. My reason for living.

Sometimes she gets emotional about the weirdest things!

Sometimes I happen to have a camera right with me and I take pictures of her being sad. It's not like I see her being sad and then I run and get my camera.

No, I wouldn't do that.

I just wanted to make myself clear right at the beginning.....

*************************************************************************************

D.J's 27th birthday was this last Friday.

Woot woot! Go Coop! Only three more years until he is 30!

We were of course, in Pine Valley that day. So he got to be surrounded by all of his fam. That was pretty neat.

Nicole gave D.J. this really sweet game called Hero Scape. It is right up his alley. He is a crazy gamer, for sure. Cole knows exactly what Deej likes because her son Zack loves all things gamer as well. Zack and Matt play Hero Scape.

Yesterday D.J. Kelly and I decided that we were going to try to play the game together. I have never really been that good at fantasy, or role playing games. Dungeons and Dragons, or Risk were not really my cup of tea. This game is kind of like both.

Ugh.

Well, my husband wanted me to at least give it a try. He IS my best friend.....(sigh).... I decided to play along.

Kelly got to be on D.J.'s team. She loved this game RIGHT away. She loved all of the pieces, and the tiny little characters that she got to use. It was like a small world at her finger tips.

Her job was to roll the dice....(lots of dice by the way, I think around 10 of them.) ....and she also got to move their guys around too.

Five and 1/2 year olds love playing games. Kelly lives for games.

She really loved this large Dragon piece. It is HUGE!!! When Deej got it out we all were like...

"WOW! Where in the world did you get that?! Was that in your game? No way!"

Really.

I am a nerd. I am fine with that.

So, the object of the game is to basically kill the other players guys...Kelly did not want anyone to even TRY to kill her super precious dragon. Oh no. Do not even go there.


Like any loving and caring mother, I made an attempt to kill her dragon.

Big mistake.

Huge.

This is what happened. ---------->

Totally sad. Miserably horrified. Traumatized for life.

Water works streaming out of her eyes......

Until I told her that her I was not really going to go after her dragon. I was just kidding around.
No one would ever, Ever even dream of such a nightmare idea like killing her dragon.

Ugh.

Team Daddy got to win.

What does D.J. think about this??????

I thought so.

By the way, I had a camera by me because I was going to take pictures of D.J. and Kelly playing to send to Nicole...kind of like a cyber thank you note. It was just too hard not to write about it today.


Here is a video of them playing.

I am not sure why it is sideways. I could not turn it the right way.

Oh well.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

oh my gosh... that is soooo hilarious. I laughed out loud and i had to show Brandon too! Too funny! Way to torment your child!

Stephanie said...

that is too fun. You're such a good mom to let them win. I think I wouldn't have just so my hubby would lose. Hee hee

Ali said...

Hahaha oh man, that is SO funny! I can't wait till I move home in only two weeks so I can hang out with you guys! Woo Woo!

Ali

Subburbs and Starbucks said...

Hmmmm....a child that breaks into hysterics over incredibly odd things??? you dont say? Could you please my pookie tell me again whose mother she has? I may have forgotten in my old age of 30! That is precious and hillarious all at the same time! Cant wait to see her :)

Nicole said...

FUNNIEST POST EVER!! We are laughing out loud here! I am just catvhing up on checking all the blogs. Glad they like the game - MATT actually picked it out. He and Deej have got to play!

Zack says his favorite character is the dragon, too :)