Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yea Team Pratt!

Greetings!

Did you have an amazing Thanksgiving weekend?

We had a super rad time in Pine Valley for our Thanksgiving weekend. It was not only a turkey feast....oh no. We had a gigantic Pratt family reunion. 58 of us all together.

So amazing.

Then we celebrated Grandpa Pratt's birthday.

We know how to get together and do it up RIGHT!

Look at these little sweeties up at the top of this post. This is just a sample of all the kiddos that were running around. Seriously..they ran, and ran, and ran all day and all night! I was tired just watching them.

Here is Addi, Will, Sammy, Kelly, Brianna, Dylan and Shannon.

Starting Wednesday night, until Sunday we all stayed at the Dixie College Cabin in Pine Valley.
It is so incredibly beautiful up there. It was foggy,and dew covered. The perfect settle in and chat weather.

Not all of us were chatting..... DJ went 4 wheeling with the Pillmore's and the Thebeau's. He even came back to get warmer clothes. Brrrr. I don't really get cold, but he made me get the chills when he came back.

If you are wondering if I got my crazy booty on a 4 wheeler...then you answer would be NO. For some strange reason I dislike riding on motorcycles, or 4 wheelers. Rhinos are ok. I think that I was traumatized as a small child or something.

There I go, getting off track again.


We played quite a few games. Board games, hand games, video games. It was a really fun way to get to know people. Honestly, when you see someone pantomime "Leave it to Beaver" and they act like a full on beaver, with a tail and buck teeth...you bond.

I had a totally fun time hanging out with the kiddos. All of my favorite "little people" are not so little anymore.

Bah!

My niece Ivy is going to be 10 years old on the 7th. I can hardly believe it. It feels like yesterday that she was four and just a tiny gal.

Anyway, we did a few projects together. The turkey hats were WAY funny. Pine cone turkeys ended up being a pain to glue...but if you just waited for them to dry...they ended up cute as a button.

I have to say that we had MOUNTAINS of food. I have never seen such a sight. To tell you the truth, I do not think that I have ever spent 4 days with 58 people.

You could seriously eat 24 hours a day for a month and you would not eat all of the food that was up at the cabin. Everyone helped with the Thanksgiving dinner...it was yummers. Then, each family had a dinner night. Oh, the taco fiesta was so perfect. I do go on.

We had movie night. Not what you would think. We were not all huddled around Kung fu Panda.

No.

Aunt Mace had un earthed some pretty fabulous home movies. I got to see
  • Papa Coop picking up Mama Coop for a DATE
  • Mama Coop on a float going down a street in St. George
  • DJ as a nine year old...super cute
  • Nicole with HUGE hair
  • Sarah as a little girl, she loved Shane..ha ha
  • Amanda singing with the other kids to a big crowd
  • Ali as a baby
  • Grandma Pratt as a young woman
  • Aunt Mace as a small girl
  • and Aunt Ann as a ballerina
Pretty sweet eh?

Well I am getting tired just writing down all the things that we did this weekend..and I didn't even get the HALF of it.

****Yawn****

Ah, I think I will go take a nap.

;)

1 comment:

Amanda P. said...

Fun post! I am hoping to get all of my Thanksgiving pics in tomorrow...or the next day.